Effective 12:01 a.m. Monday, November 30, 2020, Windsor-Essex will move to ‘Red-Control’, the second-highest tier of public health restrictions in the province.
Due to the dramatic escalation in COVID-19 cases in the region, the Canadian Historical Aircraft Association has made the difficult, yet necessary, decision to temporarily suspend visitors, volunteers and members access to the hangar. The hangar will be closed starting Monday for the health and safety of our volunteers, members and community. We believe the health of our community is most important and we believe in doing our utmost in stopping the spread of COVID-19.
We all have a part to play in preventing this from getting worse. We apologize for any inconvenience and we will announce when we can open up once again. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Please follow public health advice to help flatten the curve. Stay home, stay safe.
We are now OPEN to the general public! We are FULLY Re-Opened to the General Public for tours starting today between 10 am – 3 pm. We ask that the public call (519.966.9742) to reserve visiting times to help reduce the number of visitors to the hangar at one time.
- We will be implementing our Fall/Winter hours (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays from 10 am – 3 pm) for the remainder of the year.
Please read below the strategies we are implementing to keep you safe and what you can do to keep yourself, and everyone around you safe, during your visit!
What We are Doing to Keep You Safe:
- Limiting visitor numbers. Please be prepared to wait if there are too many visitors in the hangar. We request visitors to call ahead to book visiting times.
- Limiting the number of visitors in the Gift Shop to two non-related persons at a time. Social bubbles of 4-6 will be permitted together.
- Encouraging physical distancing with signage, spacing lines, and route markers.
- Providing physical barriers such as plexiglass shields in the Gift Shop.
- Providing access to hand sanitizers.
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting throughout our facility.
What We are Asking of Our Visitors:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Mandatory mask wearing is in effect in the facility at all times.
- Be prepared to answer health and safety questions upon arrival and providing contact information from a member of your party.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds regularly, use hand sanitizer, avoid touching your face, and please cough/sneeze into your elbow.
- Keep your social bubble unit together when walking through the museum and keep children within reach at all times.
- Please be patient – don’t crowd around exhibits. Keep 2 metres (6 feet) away from others.
- Our volunteers are always happy to answer any questions you have about the aircraft and on-going projects. Please respect social distancing and barriers when approaching them with questions.
- Recommended contactless payment.
- Enter and exit the building at the designated “in” and “out” doors.
Questions? Please feel free to call 519.966.9742 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, our telephones and emails are generally only answered during our operating hours (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays).