Today, the Province has moved Windsor-Essex into the Yellow-Protect stage of the provincial Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Framework. The Canadian Historical Aircraft Association will once again limit the number of volunteers and visitors in the museum. Visitors to the museum will be limited. We ask that visitors call ahead to ensure that there is space for them to tour the museum.
The museum will be returning to a limited number of volunteers working in the hangar at one time during operating and off hours as first introduced back in July. Mosquito Bomber group will be working Tuesdays and Saturdays, Lancaster crew on Wednesdays and Thursdays, Silver Dart project group will work Wednesdays and Thursdays and the RV-14 project volunteers will be in on Mondays and Fridays.
We continue to urge visitors and volunteers to please continue to follow the guidelines set out by the Ontario Government and local health units. Do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following these public health measures:
Stay home if you are sick
Maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from others
Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
Use a non-medical face mask when physical distancing is not possible
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience.
We are now OPEN to the general public! We are FULLY Re-Opened to the General Public for tours starting today between 10 am – 3 pm. We ask that the public call (519.966.9742) to reserve visiting times to help reduce the number of visitors to the hangar at one time.
- We will be implementing our Fall/Winter hours (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays from 10 am – 3 pm) for the remainder of the year.
Please read below the strategies we are implementing to keep you safe and what you can do to keep yourself, and everyone around you safe, during your visit!
What We are Doing to Keep You Safe:
- Limiting visitor numbers. Please be prepared to wait if there are too many visitors in the hangar. We request visitors to call ahead to book visiting times.
- Limiting the number of visitors in the Gift Shop to two non-related persons at a time. Social bubbles of 4-6 will be permitted together.
- Encouraging physical distancing with signage, spacing lines, and route markers.
- Providing physical barriers such as plexiglass shields in the Gift Shop.
- Providing access to hand sanitizers.
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting throughout our facility.
What We are Asking of Our Visitors:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Mandatory mask wearing is in effect in the facility at all times.
- Be prepared to answer health and safety questions upon arrival and providing contact information from a member of your party.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds regularly, use hand sanitizer, avoid touching your face, and please cough/sneeze into your elbow.
- Keep your social bubble unit together when walking through the museum and keep children within reach at all times.
- Please be patient – don’t crowd around exhibits. Keep 2 metres (6 feet) away from others.
- Our volunteers are always happy to answer any questions you have about the aircraft and on-going projects. Please respect social distancing and barriers when approaching them with questions.
- Recommended contactless payment.
- Enter and exit the building at the designated “in” and “out” doors.
Questions? Please feel free to call 519.966.9742 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, our telephones and emails are generally only answered during our operating hours (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays).